Who We Are
Vision and mission
The Sanad Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to build a strong and creative connection between the Australian Muslim Community and its Islamic Scholarly heritage.
Our vision is a unified Australian Muslim Community that is connected with its Islamic Tradition and is positively contributing to Australian society.
Our mission is to:
- Serve the spiritual and intellectual needs of the Australian Muslim community and create the conditions required to contribute meaningfully and positively to its cultural, religious, social and political contexts.
- Establish a sustainable fund for the purpose of funding the education of future Islamic Scholars.
- To facilitate access, scholarships and pathways for Australian Muslims to connect to Islamic Scholarly programs and services (locally and overseas).
- To develop and support Australian Muslim community’s understanding of Islamic Scholarly Tradition to positively engage and contribute towards Australian Society (cultural, religious, social and political context).
- To establish an independent sustainable charitable fund for Australian Muslims to connect to Islamic Scholarly programs and services.
Sanad will do this by:
- Creating a scholarship fund to support potential scholars in their study of the Islamic sciences.
- Facilitating the creation of timely and relevant Islamic Scholarship and activity that can address the contemporary issues of the Australian Muslim Community and connects Islam with people’s cultural, social, political, and intellectual experiences in Australia.
- Facilitating the emergence of an adequate number and caliber of scholars in the community able to satisfy the diversity of local educational needs and interests.
- Developing future scholars who can engage with the contemporary and novel issues and challenges faced by Australian Muslim and non-Muslim communities.
- Supporting Australian Muslims in their studies abroad so that future traditional scholars are available who are intimately conversant with the local culture, realities and challenges for Muslims and non-Muslims in the West and thus able to more productively engage with the local Muslim and non-Muslim communities.
not for profit organisation
Sanad Foundation Incorporated is -
- Registered as a charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission ABN .
- An affiliate member of the Islamic Council of Victoria, the local peak body for Muslims in Victoria, Australia.